- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with terms like cookies, IP addresses, pixel tags and browsers, you should read about these key terms first. Your privacy matters to Hivewyre, so please take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions contact us via our contact us form.
Information we collect
We collect information for the purpose of providing more relevant ads to website visitors on behalf of our advertising clients. We collect information in two ways:/
- Information advertisers and publishers give us. If you’re an advertiser or publisher using the Hivewyre services, you must first create an account. When you do, we’ll ask for your business information, such as your name, email address, telephone number or credit card.
- Information we get from your use of our advertisers websites. If you are a user of the Internet and visit an Hivewyre advertiser or client, we may collect non-personal information about Hivewyre advertisers you visit. This information includes:
- Device information
We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, browser version, screen resolution, unique device identifiers).
Cookies and anonymous identifiers
We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit an Hivewyre advertiser, and this may include sending one or more cookies or anonymous identifiers to your device.
How we use information we collect
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to deliver more relevant ads. When showing you tailored ads, we do not associate a cookie or anonymous identifier with any sensitive categories, such as those based on race, religion, sexual orientation or health.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. If you do not want the benefits of behavioral advertising, there is a simple procedure that allows you to deactivate this feature. Hivewyre uses multiple ad-tech vendors found on the NAI members list. By visiting their site, you're able to opt out of receiving behavioral based ads from some or all behavioral based ad companies that are members of the NAI. See more at: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices You can also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. This will also prevent you from receiving an Hivewyre ad that is based on your past behaviors.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services as an advertiser or publisher, we provide you with access to your business information through your login and the My Account page. If that information is wrong, you can update it directly. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction.
Information we share
We do not share information concerning our advertisers or publishers with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Hivewyre except to the extent one or more of the following circumstances apply:
- Providing our services to advertisers and publishers
- For legal reasonsWe may share your Information with third parties with whom we contract for certain aspects of the service (such as a third party acting as our payment processor).
We may share your information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Hivewyre if we have a good-faith belief that such disclosure and use is reasonably necessary to:
- Comply with a valid legal inquiry or process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute or court order;
- Protect a physical or property threat to you or to others
- Respond to a breach or attempted breach of the security of our Site;
- Defend or assert our legal rights; or
- Enforce our Terms of Service
We work hard to protect Hivewyre and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our Services using SSL.
- We regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Hivewyre employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to confidentiality obligations.
Limits to your privacy